Canine Good Citizen Certification
Prerequisite: Puppy Kindergarten or equivalent basic training class. Pups must be 6+ months.
This program is a runaway success nationwide. After practicing in class, students can take an (optional) test and, if they pass, receive Canine Good Citizen Certification—which, apart from bragging rights, can be helpful in securing apartments from pet-wary landlords. Test or no test, the training is terrific for any dog living in a crowded urban area. The following subjects are covered:
• Accepting a friendly stranger
• Sitting politely for petting
• Appearance and grooming (dog accepts handling and is in good health)
• Out for a walk (loose-leash walking)
• Walking through a crowd
• Sit, down, & stay
• Coming when called
• Polite behavior around another dog
• Reaction to distraction (noise, strange objects, joggers)
• Supervised separation
Price: $200. Class meets for 6 consecutive weeks.
Upcoming Canine Good Citizen classes
Mondays: January 18-February 22, 7:00-8:00pm